|
47 COMMERCIAL ST |
Nova Scotia Tourism Region : Cape Breton Island
Description From Owner:
- In 1894 the Dominion Coal Company opened Dominion Number 1 Shaft and a community grew up around it, first known as Dominion Number 1.
- In 1906, by provincial statute, the name was changed to the simpler Dominion. By 1904 the population was estimated at 1,500 and there were two churches, five stores, a hotel, railway station and telephone office. Dominion 1-A mine closed in 1926.
- With permission from 'Nova Scotia Place Names' David E. Scott 2015
Address of this page: http://ns.ruralroutes.com/Dominion
Quick Search
