|
55 RIVERSIDE AVE |
Nova Scotia Tourism Region : Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
Description From Owner:
- A fort was built here in 1761 and named for Hon. Henry Ellis, Capt.-Gen. and Governor-in-Chief of the province. The fort was abandoned and in ruins by 1767.
- The first white settlement was by the French in the mid-1700s. By 1750, Vil Hebert, named for resident Pierre Hebert, was a small village.
- With permission from 'Nova Scotia Place Names' David E. Scott 2015
Address of this page: http://ns.ruralroutes.com/FortEllis
Quick Search
