|
7529 MAIN ST |
Nova Scotia Tourism Region : Cape Breton Island
Description From Owner:
- Big Lorraine and Little Loraine are about 6 km apart. The first name for the area was Lorembec, but by 1750 the places were named Cap du Grand Lorembec and Port de Petit Lorembec.
- French fishermen from Brittany and Normandy began settling here in 1719 and land grants began being issued by 1733.
- By 1752 the population of Little Loraine was 173, but these settlers left when Louisbourg fell to the English and their land was settled by others by 1798.
- With permission from 'Nova Scotia Place Names' David E. Scott 2015
Address of this page: http://ns.ruralroutes.com/BigLorraine
Quick Search
