|
478 MAIN RD |
Nova Scotia Tourism Region : Halifax Metro
Description From Owner:
- The island in the mouth of Halifax Harbour was allotted to Capt. Thomas Bloss in 1750 and called Bloss's Island.
- It was then named for subsequent owners: Webb's Island in 1758; Carroll's Island in 1792; McNamara's Island in 1821; Duggan's Island in 1829; Warren's Island and finally the present name for James Lawlor.
- The provincial government built a quarantine station here in 1866, enlarged by the federal government in 1872.
- With permission from 'Nova Scotia Place Names' David E. Scott 2015
Address of this page: http://ns.ruralroutes.com/LawlorIslands
Quick Search
